Aura Gamboa

Aura Gamboa

At the age of 4 years old, Aura suffered an accident after her family sprayed alcohol on the floor of their home and then lit a nest of “ants” with fire, where the girl’s clothes accidentally caught fire, causing severe burns on 24% of her body, including, face, trunk, glutes, arms and right leg.

At first, she was taken to the Santiago Hospital of Jinotepe, later she was transferred to the APROQUEN Burns Center.

During her stay she underwent 7 surgeries. She was discharged on June 29, 2020.

  
Aura is very well and is ready to continue with her intensive rehabilitation treatment in order to recover her functional potential and quality of life.